[mythtvnz] Manipulating Program Guide Information

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:57:11 +1300

--=-8SxSuO6Bd9SPle8v7n98

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 17:36 +1300, Wade Maxfield wrote:
> I've just had another go (one of the rare gaps in the recording=20
> schedule) and I still end up with Animal Planet, CNN etc.  Looking at=20
> http://hairy.geek.nz/epg/service-ids.txt it appears that the card is=20
> only getting frequency=3D12707000.   Playing with the frequency in the=20
> transport editor resulted in either getting no channels found or the=20
> Animal Planet group.
>=20
> Switching back to the terminal I spotted an error saying that the=20
> frequency was out of range (min/max 950000/2150000) when it=20
> successfully found the Animal Planet group, or no error when it found=20
> nothing.

That sounds like the LNB settings are wrong. For Sky LNBs offset should
be 11.3GHz fixed. I have LOF switch as "1" and both High/Low as 11.3GHz
(11300000000 since it's in Hz IIRC).

If the LNB settings look correct, then try tuning by hand using dvbtune.
Pass the -f parameter as a _local_ frequency (ie, 950MHz to 2.15GHz)
because dvbtune only understood Universal LNBs when I last checked.
Conversion from the service-ids.txt is subtract 11.3GHz from the
frequency listed there.

If it still doesn't lock, you may have an unusual card with a different
tuner than the driver expects. In that case, driver hacking might be
required. But that case should be very rare. You might also have an odd
LNB (Universal is most likely if it's not a Sky one), or confused
multiswitch, but these are equally unlikely causes.

Hope that helps. If anyone has suggested improvements to the DVB-S stuff
on pvr.geek.nz, please feel free to edit it!

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Catalyst IT Limited