[mythtvnz] Manipulating Program Guide Information

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:36:20 +1300

>On 2/22/06, Wade Maxfield <mythtvnz@hotblack.co.nz> wrote:
>>  Sam/Steve H,
>>  I tried following the DVB-S instructions at pvr.geek.nz and when I do
>>  the channel scan in mythtv-setup it only finds 7 or so channels, and
>>  they're all Animal Planet, and a couple of other encrypted channels
>>  that it can't handle.  It doesn't find any FTA channels.
>
>Sounds like you're only scanning one of the Sky transports
>(frequencies). In mythtv-setup go to the channel editor, hit the
>transport editor button and see what you've got. The transport you
>need to get the TVNZ channels is on frequency 12483000, symbol rate
>22500000, polarity vertical, fec 3/4, and inversion auto.
>
>If you don't have that one add it.
>
>Then go to input connections, go into the satellite connection and
>click the scan for channels button. Make sure the scan type is
>"Existing Transport Scan". Choose the 12483000 transport and hit next
>to do the scan. That should get you the TVNZ channels. Alternatively
>you could do a "Full Scan Of Existing Transports" once you've got the
>TVNZ transport set up.
>
>In the database I have several rows in dtv_multiplex because I've set
>up transports for all the Sky frequencies, but the important one
>(TVNZ's transport) has:
>networkid = 47, frequency = 12483000, symbolrate = 22500000, polarity
>= v, fec 3/4
>
>In the channel table I have, for example:
>chaid = 4000, channum = 257, callsign = 'TVNZ WIDE', serviceid = 257
>
>Steve

Thanks Steve,

I've just had another go (one of the rare gaps in the recording
schedule) and I still end up with Animal Planet, CNN etc.  Looking at
http://hairy.geek.nz/epg/service-ids.txt it appears that the card is
only getting frequency=12707000.   Playing with the frequency in the
transport editor resulted in either getting no channels found or the
Animal Planet group.

Switching back to the terminal I spotted an error saying that the
frequency was out of range (min/max 950000/2150000) when it
successfully found the Animal Planet group, or no error when it found
nothing.

So that makes me think that I have a problem with either the Card
setup or the Input setup.

What have you got set for LNB LOF switch / High / Low?

  - Wade