[mythtvnz] Manipulating Program Guide Information

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:51:33 +1300

On 2/22/06, Wade Maxfield <mythtvnz@hotblack.co.nz> wrote:
> Sam/Steve H,
> I tried following the DVB-S instructions at pvr.geek.nz and when I do
> the channel scan in mythtv-setup it only finds 7 or so channels, and
> they're all Animal Planet, and a couple of other encrypted channels
> that it can't handle.  It doesn't find any FTA channels.

Sounds like you're only scanning one of the Sky transports
(frequencies). In mythtv-setup go to the channel editor, hit the
transport editor button and see what you've got. The transport you
need to get the TVNZ channels is on frequency 12483000, symbol rate
22500000, polarity vertical, fec 3/4, and inversion auto.

If you don't have that one add it.

Then go to input connections, go into the satellite connection and
click the scan for channels button. Make sure the scan type is
"Existing Transport Scan". Choose the 12483000 transport and hit next
to do the scan. That should get you the TVNZ channels. Alternatively
you could do a "Full Scan Of Existing Transports" once you've got the
TVNZ transport set up.

In the database I have several rows in dtv_multiplex because I've set
up transports for all the Sky frequencies, but the important one
(TVNZ's transport) has:
networkid =3D 47, frequency =3D 12483000, symbolrate =3D 22500000, polarity
=3D v, fec 3/4

In the channel table I have, for example:
chaid =3D 4000, channum =3D 257, callsign =3D 'TVNZ WIDE', serviceid =3D 25=
7

Steve