[mythtvnz] Manipulating Program Guide Information

Sam Banks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:08:38 +1300

------=_Part_10585_30143326.1140559718263

Will look tonight and come back to you

On 2/22/06, Wade Maxfield <mythtvnz@hotblack.co.nz> wrote:

> >I used to use the DVB-S card and probably still have details somewhere.
> >Would the frequencies suffice?
> >
> >On 2/22/06, Steven Ellis <<mailto:mail_lists@stevencherie.net>
> >mail_lists@stevencherie.net> wrote:
> >
> >Wade Maxfield wrote:
> >>  Steve,
> >>
> >>  I'm assuming that you have the DVB-S card connected to a sky dish. If
> >>  so could I grab a copy of your .szap/channels.conf?
> >
> >Sorry but i'm using a DVB-T unit. We have a test signal here in Auckland=
.

> >Steve
>
> Sam/Steve H,
>
> I tried following the DVB-S instructions at pvr.geek.nz and when I do
> the channel scan in mythtv-setup it only finds 7 or so channels, and
> they're all Animal Planet, and a couple of other encrypted channels
> that it can't handle.  It doesn't find any FTA channels.
>
> Strange thing is I know the card works since I can pipe dvdbstream to
> mplayer and get a good picture, and I'm using it to grab EPG data for
> FTA and Sky.
>
> I was going to upgrade to 0.19 once it's gone stable at atrpms (I'm a
> package guy following Jarod's guide on FC4) and try again, but in the
> mean time maybe I could grab a dump of your channels table, or even
> just the channel settings for one of the FTA DVB-S channels?
>
>   - Wade

------=_Part_10585_30143326.1140559718263

te">On 2/22/06, <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Wade Maxfield</b> &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:mythtvnz@hotblack.co.nz">mythtvnz@hotblack.co.nz</a>&gt; wrote:<=
/span>
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">&gt;I used to use=
 the DVB-S card and probably still have details somewhere.<br>&gt;Would the=
 frequencies suffice?
ail_lists@stevencherie.net">mail_lists@stevencherie.net</a>&gt;<br>&gt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:mail_lists@stevencherie.net">mail_lists@stevencherie.net</a>&=
gt; wrote:
gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm assuming that you have the DVB-S card connec=
ted to a sky dish. If<br>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;so could I grab a copy of your=
 .szap/channels.conf?<br>&gt;
e DVB-S instructions at <a href=3D"http://pvr.geek.nz">pvr.geek.nz</a> and =
when I do
>they're all Animal Planet, and a couple of other encrypted channels<br>tha=
t it can't handle.&nbsp;&nbsp;It doesn't find any FTA channels.<br><br>Stra=
nge thing is I know the card works since I can pipe dvdbstream to
r>FTA and Sky.<br><br>I was going to upgrade to 0.19 once it's gone stable =
at atrpms (I'm a<br>package guy following Jarod's guide on FC4) and try aga=
in, but in the
just the channel settings for one of the FTA DVB-S channels?<br><br>&nbsp;&=
vnz mailing list