[mythtvnz] Query about effectiveness of ad skipping

Jason Haar mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:02:18 +1300

Hi there

I've got MythTV-0.18.1 under FC4 running well - except for the Ad skipping.

*sometimes* it works - and *sometimes* it doesn't. e.g. I taped some
Sinbad movie for my kids to watch, and for the first half of (watching)
the movie, no ad-skipping occurred, and then suddenly it started
skipping - but knocked off 30-60sec of the movie too! I could use the
"Back" button to skip back to see the bits missed - but it wasn't what I
expected.

This is with a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR (150MCE) card if that makes a
difference (actually, is it the hardware or the software that figures
all this out?).

Is this a black art, or are there "magic settings" I should be using?

Thanks!

Jason

PS: I've only had this operational for 2 weeks and I need more disk
already ;-)