[mythtvnz] DVB-S and channel numbers

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:19:15 +1300

------=_Part_720_26400140.1166509155364

On 12/19/06, Hadley Rich <mythtvnz@nice.net.nz> wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:46, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > On 12/19/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> > > Yes i'm finding customer live in LiveTV for the first week or two and
> > > then seldom use it :)
> >
> > I think that's the most common development for users. There are still
> > periodic flamewars on the main user mailing list over channel change
> times
> > though, so I think some people are just inveterate channel surfers.
>
> It's still predominately LiveTV in this house, we are used to digital TV
> in
> this house so no channel surfing, but plenty of guide surfing.
>
> I think the main reason that LiveTV is still the favourite is partially
> because of the lack of inputs. When we have more channels on DVB-S we will
> be
> able to record more things and watch them later. At present with Sky as
> our
> main input (bad analog reception here) it's difficult to schedule things
> that
> don't conflict with the nights viewing.

You just need to find more stuff to record in advance. We never sit down and
think "what's on TV now", we always think "what have we got recorded to
watch". Currently we've got about 40 hours of stuff we haven't watched yet
so there's just no need to browse what's on at this moment.

EPG that showed repeats etc. would be a blessing, we can live in hope.

That would be great, but unless the government legislates we're not going to
see it. There is no incentive for broadcasters to let you know whether
something is a repeat or not.

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_720_26400140.1166509155364

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:46, Steve Hodge wrote:<br>&gt; On 12/19/06, Steven Ellis &lt;<a href="mailto:steven@openmedia.co.nz">steven@openmedia.co.nz</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; &gt; Yes i&#39;m finding customer live in LiveTV for the first week or two and

------=_Part_720_26400140.1166509155364--