[mythtvnz] DVB-S and channel numbers

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:08:03 +1300

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:46, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> > Yes i'm finding customer live in LiveTV for the first week or two and
> > then seldom use it :)
>
> I think that's the most common development for users. There are still
> periodic flamewars on the main user mailing list over channel change times
> though, so I think some people are just inveterate channel surfers.

It's still predominately LiveTV in this house, we are used to digital TV in
this house so no channel surfing, but plenty of guide surfing.

I think the main reason that LiveTV is still the favourite is partially
because of the lack of inputs. When we have more channels on DVB-S we will be
able to record more things and watch them later. At present with Sky as our
main input (bad analog reception here) it's difficult to schedule things that
don't conflict with the nights viewing.

EPG that showed repeats etc. would be a blessing, we can live in hope.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier