[mythtvnz] Unoffical MythTV Plugins - which ones do you use?

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:48:31 +1300

------=_Part_23123_24709768.1165222111237

On 12/4/06, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:26:40 +1300 (NZDT)
> "Steven Ellis" <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> > By far the biggest request I got a BBT was for a full web browser, such
> as
> > Firefox. How many of you actually use your MythTV box for web browsing.
> >
> > Lastly another big request was a full email client. Not too keen on this
> > one. Risks are low, but might leave you open to a script attack that
> takes
> > out yout MythTV box.
>
> I personally don't use my mythbox for that sort of thing. I can see how
> it might be handy for some people, but given the resolution on most CRT
> TVs it would not be a lot of fun.

Lots of plasmas and LCDs with decent resolution around now. I recently saw
an article that said that in the UK in 2004 CRTs were 80%+ of all sales, but
in 2005 they were only 10-20%.

The lack of a real keyboard is a real barrier to email. The lack of a
> mouse is a real barrier to web browsing. IMHO.

Not everyone uses MythTV with only a remote though. I use a wireless
keyboard which has a builtin joystick. It's not great as a mouse, but it
does work. Another idea would be to allow the use of a gamepad type device
as a mouse for webbrowsing too. There's probably a reasonable number of
people who use a gamepad with mythgame.

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_23123_24709768.1165222111237

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:26:40 +1300 (NZDT)<br>&quot;Steven Ellis&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:steven@openmedia.co.nz">steven@openmedia.co.nz</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; By far the biggest request I got a BBT was for a full web browser, such as

------=_Part_23123_24709768.1165222111237--