[mythtvnz] Unoffical MythTV Plugins - which ones do you use?

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:55:09 +1300

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:26:40 +1300 (NZDT)
"Steven Ellis" <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> Tom's hardware has just covered some of the unoffical plugins
> (http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/12/01/the_mythtv_convergence/) and I
> wondered which if any do people out there use, or would like to use.
>
> In the past I've used some of the MythBurn plugins as they came with
> Knoppmyth, but most of that is now taken care of my MythArchive.
>
> I've been looking at integrating MythStream as a way to handle some
> internet TV and radio stations.
>
> One of the biggest requests I get is for FM support, and sadly MythFM
> doesn't appear to be in development.
>
> By far the biggest request I got a BBT was for a full web browser, such as
> Firefox. How many of you actually use your MythTV box for web browsing.
>
> Lastly another big request was a full email client. Not too keen on this
> one. Risks are low, but might leave you open to a script attack that takes
> out yout MythTV box.

I personally don't use my mythbox for that sort of thing. I can see how
it might be handy for some people, but given the resolution on most CRT
TVs it would not be a lot of fun.

The lack of a real keyboard is a real barrier to email. The lack of a
mouse is a real barrier to web browsing. IMHO.