[mythtvnz] MythTV integration

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:32:32 +1200

On 8/14/06, David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> I gave up using the internal player to play back most media.. but, I'm
> still back on 0.17 due to it "works okay now".
>
> Have they really got the internal player up to scratch for random AVI
> and DVDs? It was hugely broken for seeking when I last tried.

I tried it with 0.19 on a couple of downloaded TV episodes and found
the video quality was not as good as mplayer or xine. So I'm back on
those two (usually xine). But having the same keyboard shortcuts and
behaviour is a big plus and I'd love to be able to use the internal
player for everything. Either that or I'll have to get around to
configuring mplayer and xine to behave the same way.

I didn't have any problems with seeking, but it was a pretty small sample size.

> (AC3 passthru support is also mandatory :) )

That's there, though some people seem to have trouble with it.

Steve