[mythtvnz] MythTV integration

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:22:18 +1200

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:44:53 +1200
Craig Box wrote:

> > Steve, have you tried installing Amarok onto a Knoppmyth
> > installation? I know it's reliant on KDE so it would
> > require a lot of KDE libraries and suchlike but is it possible?
>
> I just looked at yammi (I've seen amarok before) - none of these things are
> really designed to be driven with a remote control.  The best idea I've had
> is to have a small separate computer with a touch screen or mouse to do the
> queueing of songs (have you seen a video jukebox at a pub?  They're about
> the best interface for that kind of thing I've seen), and mfd/mfe should let
> you do that by creating a playlist, which you could even do with iTunes
> perhaps.
>
> Is there a good non-Myth, remote control only, music player?  Desktops and
> TVs are very different creatures.
>
> Craig

from the article at

http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/63/Mpeg_Menu_System_V2.pdf

"As Yammi can be controlled using just the keyboard, and as it has no
trouble using external media, Yammi is a good choice as a jukebox
replacement for parties."

keyboard control=lirc control - sweet.

However its a bit kde'ish for me. Too many libraries.

I am still working on integration of slimserver and slimp3slave

Does anyone know how to write a really basic plugin for mythtv? I
suppose I'd have to know how to write c++ - or are there some other
language bindings out there?