[mythtvnz] MythTV integration

Craig Box mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:44:53 +1200

> Steve, have you tried installing Amarok onto a Knoppmyth
> installation? I know it's reliant on KDE so it would
> require a lot of KDE libraries and suchlike but is it possible?

I just looked at yammi (I've seen amarok before) - none of these things are
really designed to be driven with a remote control.  The best idea I've had
is to have a small separate computer with a touch screen or mouse to do the
queueing of songs (have you seen a video jukebox at a pub?  They're about
the best interface for that kind of thing I've seen), and mfd/mfe should let
you do that by creating a playlist, which you could even do with iTunes
perhaps.

Is there a good non-Myth, remote control only, music player?  Desktops and
TVs are very different creatures.

Craig