[mythtvnz] Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono

Craig Box mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:51:27 +1200

> As I understand it there is more than one implementation of mono. On
> gentoo I have emerged the package simply called mono from
> http://www.go-mono.com/ (its in portage). It works with xmlTVNZ.exe,
> there is no package in portage called mono-web.
>
> I looked on my knoppmyth installation and the package repository at
> packages.debian.org for mono packages, but came away very confused.

Mono is an implementation of the .NET framework.  There is only one of Mono.

It's not in Debian yet, so check out http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/ -
there are backports for Sarge at backports.org, but I assume knoppmyth comes
from unstable sources.

I believe Mono will be available in Etch; it is available in Ubuntu as well,
but that doesn't help you much with KnoppMyth.

Craig