Solved [mythtvnz] Two PVR-150s, one works one doesn't -

Open Media Support mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:26:22 +1200 (NZST)

> Those PVR150s don't work well with weaker signals. Passive aerial
> splitters attenuate the signal by a few dB at least. I bought an active
> splitter with similar specs to this:
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/TVs-projectors/Cables-=
aerials/auction-54783679.htm
>amplifying
> off trademe. It works well for all channels except for C4 - still a bit
> sick looking. The tuners in most TVs are a lot more forgiving. If Prime
> is coming through weak even just through your TV then you may need a
> mast head UHF amplifier too. I tracked down such an amplifier minus the
> power injector and just modded the VHF/UHF one to supply power to both.

Noticing some differences using either a PVR-150 or a PVR-500 with the
same signal cable. As it is i've got an amplified splitter as I need to
feed a signal into my DVB-T unit as well as the PVR cards.

The PVR 500 gives me a far better lock on Prime and Juice than the 150,
but the 150 does better on TVOne.

You have to really watch for over apmplifing the signal as well. I pushed
mine to the max setting and I got loads of MPEG artifacts. Turning it bac=
down to half way sorted all of that out.

OpenMedia Limited
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz
support - support@openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz