[mythtvnz] DVB-S Setup?

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:36:43 +1300

On 12/19/05, David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> Also, MythTV will soon have an integrated DVB EPG data parser that
> doesn't require anything being run at all, just tick the channel as one
> you want guide data for, and it'll gather it entirely in the background.
> No more silly scripts :)

That's there already, if you configure with -enable-dvb-eit (IIRC,
something like that anyway).
My DVB TVNZ channels automatically get EPG data that way. But I'm not
sure it will work for Sky because we can't actually watch the Sky
channels via DVB, so we still need some way of getting the guide data
from the DVB Sky channels to the TV card Sky channels. I'm not sure
there is a way of setting up MythTV so that channel A is the same as
channel B and also set channel B so that it is never used.

Steve