[HTS-members] Local Heritage Asset list

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Sun Feb 6 15:25:40 GMT 2022

Dear Member

Buckinghamshire has introduced a process for listing things (buildings,
green spaces, ..) that are not important enough for a full Historic listing
but are of local importance. The Government's National Planning Policy
Framework recognises this categorisation as being of significance when
considering planning application.

Accordingly it is important that we consider what in Taplow might benefit
from this level of protection.

Under the banner of the Taplow Neighbourhood Working Party I have been
helping Martin Maund make a first application.

He has submitted The Hermitage and its grounds as probably the local asset
at greatest risk of loss.

As one of the very first applications to be made with full documentation it
has been an enormous effort and we owe Martin many thanks.

You can see this listing system at:

https://local-heritage-list.org.uk/

The Hermitage is at:
https://local-heritage-list.org.uk/buckinghamshire/list

tick status "for review", area "South Bucks" and "Apply"

Please take a moment to consider what other local assets we should look to
protect through this system and let me know.

Roger Worthington Secretary HTS