[HTS-members] Taplow updates

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Thu Mar 5 16:57:07 GMT 2020

Dear Member

Saturday 28th March 19:30 St Nicolas Church  Stoke Poges Singers
Concert in aid of the Royal British Legion
Stoke Poges Symphony Orchestra with over 100 singers and musicians
performing an exciting programme of works on a "Memorial" theme. Tickets are
only £10 for adults and are available in advance at
<http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/stoke-poges-singers>
www.ticketsource.co.uk/stoke-poges-singers

Sunday 29th 13:30 - 16:00 Village Hall Tidy up Taplow this weekend!
Come and help us Tidy Up Taplow again. Kit provided - briefing at the
Village Hall and tea, cake and conversation afterwards until 5pm.

We will be holding our annual Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Monday. Details
nearer the time.

We are now just waiting for approval from the Oxford Diocese before
scheduling the addition of World War II names to the Taplow War Memorial. A
big thank you to those who have made donations towards the costs.

The hearings by government inspectors into the proposed new Local Plan for S
Bucks and Chiltern start this month. The Taplow Neighbourhood Plan Working
Group (of which your society is an active member) will be making
representations on Green Belt changes, the allocation of a housing
requirement to the Taplow Neighbourhood Plan area and the development
proposed at Taplow Station. A schedule is attached. Do come to see how local
government works (and help to counterbalance the large number of developers
who will be there).

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS
07787556309