[HTS-members] Covid-19

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Wed Mar 18 18:37:50 GMT 2020

HTS draft:

As we are well aware, responses to the virus epidemic are affecting just
about everything.

We have cancelled the Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Monday and also the Tidy up
Taplow day, although we hope to bring this back in the autumn. Sadly the
midsummer Village Green Party is under severe threat also.

In common  with many other local groups we ask members to do what they can
to support neighbours, whether elderly, infirm or just living alone and in
particular those who do not have internet access to keep themselves informed
and in contact.

Some streets are setting up Whatsapp groups to this end. . In the village
area in particular there is an established group. To make use of this please
contact the Parish Council:  <mailto:taplow.pc at googlemail.com>
taplow.pc at googlemail.com

If you are aware of a particular problem but are unable to find any
immediate local assistance let the society know and we will see if we can
help

There are many streams of information pouring out, often inaccurate, so
probably best to follow the government postings at:

<https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-govern
ment-response>
https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-governm
ent-response

(Whatsapp users should be aware of a malicious video "Dance of the Pope")

With best wished for your health

Roger Worthington Secretary HTS