[HTS-members] Village War memorial appeal

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Thu Jan 23 16:20:04 GMT 2020

Dear member

At our AGM in December the Society decided to proceed with the addition of
WW2 names to the village war memorial.

The cost of this is just short of £2,000

We have approached the parish council for a contribution and this will be
discussed at their February meeting. The Parochial Church Council is
applying to the diocese for formal permission to carry out the work.

The balance will have to be found by the Society and we ask you please make
a donation, however small. We are saddened that these names have not been
added long before and very much hope that we can achieve the addition in
time for the 75th anniversary of VE day in May. To do this we need your
generosity.

Cheques should be payable to “Hitcham and Taplow Society” and sent to our
treasurer
Robert Hanbury, Tithe Barn, Hitcham Lane, SL1 7DP

On-line:  Barclays Bank Acc: 70491349 Sort Code: 20-78-58 with reference WW2
& Name

Or write to me.

Thank you

Roger Worthington Secretary HTS