[HTS-members] News updates

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 18:14:13 BST 2018

Easter Egg Hunt
This was most successful despite the poor weather. The rain lifted magically
in the morning to ensure a good time for over 50 children and coffee
drinking supporters. Big thank you to Sheila, Charlie and Toby.

Village Green Party
Preparations are under way for our midsummer party. Book now on the web site
(www.taplowsociety.org.uk <http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk>  )

Newsletter
The spring Newsletter will be with you shortly, full of local news and
insights into the changes affecting us here in Taplow.

Committee
Heather Fenn stood down after twenty years of service to the Society and
Taplow Riverside. Thank you Heather. Zoe Hatch also stood down due to
pressures of other commitments but we welcome Andrew Findlay.
New data privacy regulations come into force in May ("GDPR") and we will be
reviewing our processes to ensure compliance and write a new data policy.

Roux at Skindles
Excellent news: Roux at Skindles will open in October 2018. Alain Roux plans
to feature a retro montage wall in Taplow's new riverside restaurant with
historic images giving a stunning insight into both the history of Skindles
in its Georgian, Edwardian, Victorian eras through to being a favourite
nightclub and notorious hotel. He would like the local community to share in
this by providing unique photos showing the kaleidoscope of fun and history
of the place that can be displayed for all to see and enjoy. If you are
willing and able to offer any images for selection, please send them to
Alain's Personal Assistant, Mrs Lee Whitlock, at
<mailto:leewhitlock at waterside-inn.co.uk> leewhitlock at waterside-inn.co.uk

New Planning Applications of concern
Network Rail
A contractor applied to cut down protected trees at the station. We
successfully objected. The background is that they wish to remove them in
pursuit of building the new footbridge. We support the redevelopment and
improved access to the station but the recent statement that the old
footbridge will not return gives an opportunity to re-site the new bridge to
be where the old bridge was. Network Rail has sought to dismiss this without
any local consultation. We are pursuing a meeting with them to clarify.

Taplow Station
An application to build a Care Home on the Roots Smallholding site has been
made (18/00507/FUL). We have objected (attached) on the grounds that it
would pre-judge the outcome of the emerging Local Plan and also prejudice
the future creation of bigger parking facilities at the station.

Ellington Gardens
An application (18/00456/FUL) to build two houses on a site here. The
developer won the right for a single house on appeal earlier but has not
done so. We object to it (attached) as being quite out of keeping with the
Taplow Riverside Conservation Area in which it sits.

Dunloe Lodge, Mill Lane
Berkeley Homes have applied (18/00317/FUL) to re-configure the reconstructed
Dunloe Lodge as 9 apartments instead of the approved single mansion. We
object as we see this as part of a concerted effort by the developer to
exceed the strictures of the Supplementary Planning Document under which the
development was approved. (Attached).

We also note that regrettably SBDC has approved the demolition of Silchester
Manor on the Bath Road, a house of great local significance and stature, and
has also had to approve a new access onto Rectory Road for 3 Saxon Gardens
very close to the awkward turn in from Berry Hill.

Please make the effort to send your own objections to SBDC. It takes 10
objections to get an application heard by the planning committee rather than
officers.

Unitary Authorities - UA
You may be aware that the Secretary of State for Communities and Local
Government has announced that he "is minded" that Bucks should become a
single Unitary Authority. Our belief that this a bad approach is shared (we
believe) by most residents in the southern half of Bucks and by South Bucks,
Chiltern and Wycombe District Councils. It is too large and combines areas
with radically different social and business alignments. We support a two UA
approach - South Bucks, Chiltern and Wycombe in the south, Aylesbury Vale to
merge into the Milton Keynes UA.
You have until May 25th to make your view known. Mail to
<mailto:sajid.javid.mp at parliament.uk> sajid.javid.mp at parliament.uk
Both BCC and SBDC are holding Q&A sessions for councilors but not for the
general public.

Buckinghamshire Minerals and Waste Local Plan Proposed Submission
Consultation
For those interested, the consultation has been extended to 3rd May.
Documents at:  <http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/MWLP> www.buckscc.gov.uk/MWLP,
comments to:  <mailto:mineralswastepolicy at buckscc.gov.uk>
mineralswastepolicy at buckscc.gov.uk

GWR
You can now buy train tickets and hold them on your smart phone. Details at:
https://www.gwr.com/about-us/media-centre/news/2018/april/use-your-phone-as-
a-rail-ticket

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to  <mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>
secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk and we will remove you.