[HTS-members] Easter Egg Hunt and Heathrow

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 19:57:34 GMT 2018

A reminder that the days are getting longer and slowly warmer (??) and our
Easter Egg Hunt is on schedule for Easter Monday 2nd April. It was very
successful and well attended last year, with good weather so we hope to see
you again this year.

Details are on the  attached poster. Book your tickets through the Society
website
www.taplowsociety.org.uk <http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk>

or direct at:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/childrens-easter-egg-hunt-tickets-43434571974

Heathrow:

Almost a year ago, the DfT issued its draft Airports National Policy
Statement. The associated consultation was frustrating for providing little
supporting evidence for its broad-brush assertions, thus making it hard for
the general public to assess the logic or impact of its conclusions.

A couple of weeks ago, Heathrow Airport held a series of exhibitions and
released two publications - an Airport Expansion Consultation Document and
an Airspace Principles Consultation Document - that together did a much
better job of explaining its proposals for expansion. These may be
summarised as follows;

- A third runway to the north of the current two. The three options vary in
length but each extends over the M25 between Sipson (to the east) and
Colnbrook (to the west).

- A 6.5 hour ban on night flights between 11pm and 7am plus predictable
periods of respite from aircraft noise during the day.

- The generation of up to 40,000 new jobs locally.

- Numerous options for improving air quality, airspace design (flight paths
and reduction of noise disturbance), consolidation of and access to
terminals, realignment and junction redesign of the M25, the A4 and the
A3044 (through Colnbrook), expansion to accommodate support facilities and
related development, water management (including flood storage and
diversions of River Colne) and increase in use of public transport
(including rail links from south and west, with an Elizabeth Line spur from
east of Slough enabling direct travel to / from Taplow Station).

On February 3rd, Nigel Smales and I represented HTS and Taplow Parish
Council at the Burnham Park exhibition. Your committee considers that we are
not in a strong position to question the expansion of Heathrow on economic
grounds but should respond strongly on the flight path options that will
affect air traffic over Taplow. This response is attached and we urge you
make your own responses.

This is your opportunity to protect our patch in the best way possible for
the foreseeable future. Please do not just leave it to somebody else. The
more of us who send the same message increases its resonance.

Heathrow can be contacted by on a freephone number - 0800 307 7996 - or by
e-mail at  <mailto:info at heathrowconsultation.com>
info at heathrowconsultation.com.

The proposals can be examined online at
<http://www.heathrowconsultation.com> www.heathrowconsultation.com.

<mailto:expansion.feedback at heathrowconsultation.com>
expansion.feedback at heathrowconsultation.com.

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.