[HTS-members] News updates

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 22:01:59 GMT 2018

Dear Member

We have submitted objections on the following applications to SBDC for
Planning Permission. The objections are listed on our web site at:
http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk/objections/

Challens Chicks ref: 17/02314
A temporary accommodation application for this chicken farm in Marsh Lane

Silchester Manor ref: 17/02240/FUL
Demolition of Silchester Manor on the Bath Road and redevelopment with
apartments and a rebuilt Nursery School

Heathrow airport has launched a consultation on the proposed third runway
development. (This is a consultation by the airport, distinct from the
earlier government ones. There are associated public meetings (locally in
Burnham and Maidenhead) where airport staff will answer questions. Details
are in the attached documents. The Society intends to respond.

A talk on the Taplow Burial Mound.

As part of the 170th  anniversary celebrations of the Buckinghamshire
Archaeological Society, there is a talk in High Wycombe about Taeppa's Mound
on Saturday 28th April.

A404 / M40 Junction closures
This major junction is due for weekend closures in the second half of
February- see attached notice

Pothole season
The bad winter weather brings on the potholes.
Report them directly at:
<http://track.vuelio.uk.com/z.z?l=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYnVja3NjYy5nb3YudWsvc2Vydm
ljZXMvdHJhbnNwb3J0LWFuZC1yb2Fkcy9yZXBvcnQtYS1wcm9ibGVtL3JlcG9ydC1hLXBvdGhvbG
Uv&r=10898510805&d=5513595&p=1&t=h&h=ba6a6b4e1e4f21577882a20e5eefe8f3>
www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/transport-and-roads/report-a-problem/report-a-po
thole/

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.