[HTS-members] Taplow Election candidates update

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Thu Jan 14 13:12:26 GMT 2016

This email replaces the one sent out earlier by the Society. A
mis-communication with Mr Le Touze led us to issue the wrong document. We
apologise for this and the two correct versions are attached.

The Society has no political affiliations. The following is for information
only.

There are two candidates who have supplied the following information:

Rob Thompson

I have lived in Taplow for 11 years with my wife, Zoe and two children,
Dallas and Billy.

A Chief Technology Officer and Senior Civil Servant; I am currently leading
the world's largest government digital transformation programme, creating
major benefits for UK citizens. I also hold a number of non-executive
directorships where I support technology businesses with growth, operational
scaling and investment.

As a Taplow Parish Councillor I will work to:-

.   Preserve our beautiful parish, values and sense of community.

.   Bind our parish through following a democratic process.

.   Improve parish wide communication.

.   Engage residents in regular dialogue to understand real community
issues.

.   Listen to local interest groups and support them in improving our
community.

.   Deliver on our promises, making our community happy and proud.

Yannick Le Touze

My wife Lisa and I have lived in Taplow & Burnham for the last 8 years. We
have three children; two attend St. Nicolas School and the third is soon to
start at the St. Nicolas playgroup.

I am a Professional Financial Manager and know my experience will bolster
and support the sound financial control for which the Taplow Parish Council
is renowned.

I want my family and yours to continue to enjoy our wonderful surroundings,
and that is my strongest motivation to serve as parish councilor. It really
matters to me to be involved in decisions that will help enhance our Parish,
and to be able to act as a spokesman for my fellow Taplovians on matters for
the Parish Council to decide.

As councilor I would:

. Support traffic-calming measures where necessary

. Support additional street-lighting especially on approaches to Taplow
Station

. Support reducing speed limits where appropriate

. Strive to obtain safer pedestrian access, especially for children

. Defend the Green Belt

. Apply pressure to have parish road surfaces improved

. Work to improve parking facilities around Taplow Station

Our Parish Council must now be pro-active in engaging with the Local Plan
process as it reviews all potential new development sites, so we can both
enhance and protect our Parish, as well as preserve the Green Belt around
us. My ambition is to try to minimise the impact of large projects such
Crossrail and the Berkeley Homes development upon our community.

My family and I love life in Taplow and I am keen to support all projects,
old and new, that will enhance the lives of all parishioners.

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS

07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.