[HTS-members] Parish Council Election information

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 16:26:56 GMT 2016

We have been asked by several people for information on the Parish election
to be held on 21st January.

The Society has no political affiliations and the following is for
information only.

There are two candidates who have supplied the following statements:

Yannick Le Touze

I am a French national and have been living in the UK for the past 14 years.
I am married to Lisa and we have 3 young children, Amelia, William and
Jemma.

We used to live in Burnham until late April 2014 when we bought Mrs Daphne
Walker's property and moved to Taplow.

Our two eldest children have been going to St Nicholas School since 2010; it
allowed us to meet many of Taplow's residents. Mainly through common
interest, we integrated into the Taplow community despite living in the
neighbouring village. We felt incredibly welcomed by the local community and
when the opportunity arose, we moved here to become part of it.

I am a self employed Wealth Manager and work from home. I help people plan
their financial future and manage their financial affairs in the most tax
efficient manner. Lisa looks after the children and helps me out in my
business as much as she can.

Since I have lived in Taplow I feel somewhat more implicated and involved in
conversations around the Parish and its developments. I wish to be involved
in discussions around local matters and be implicated in decisions making. I
wish to have a say in what can be controlled by the Parish Council and be
more aware of future local projects and developments.

I have at heart the preservation of the Village as I intend to live here for
some time. Large projects such Cross Rail and the Berkley Home development
will affect all of us and will drastically change our landscape. The
preservation of the village could become challenging.

Rob Thompson

I have lived in Taplow for 11 years with my wife, Zoe and two children,
Dallas and Billy.

A Chief Technology Officer and Senior Civil Servant; I am currently leading
the world's largest government digital transformation programme, creating
major benefits for UK citizens. I also hold a number of non-executive
directorships where I support technology businesses with growth, operational
scaling and investment.

As a Taplow Parish Councillor I will work to:-

*	Preserve our beautiful parish, values and sense of community.
*	Bind our parish through following a democratic process.
*	Improve parish wide communication.
*	Engage residents in regular dialogue to understand real community
issues.
*	Listen to local interest groups and support them in improving our
community.
*	Deliver on our promises, making our community happy and proud.

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS

07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.