[GNUz] RMS Talk - Thanks Rik and co... where to now?

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Sun Aug 17 08:38:18 BST 2008

Don Gould wrote:
> I'd like to express my thanks to everyone who set up today's talk!

Further. and to sum up:

Many, many thanks to the University of Canterbury, Computer Science and
Software Engineering department, and their Free Culture Club (FCC) -
Blair, Martin, and Tim - also Associate Professor Tim Bell, for helping
FCC secure the right host venue at short notice. This was a very fine
fund-raiser for FSF/RMS, who collected every donated dollar. Estimated
turnout 250.

Thanks also to all GLU members, for supporting me to provide the
airfares, accomodation and meals for this RMS visit. It was great learning.

Now it seems we have sufficiently paid our GNU dues, to focus on a Free
Software Group for Canterbury. (GNU/)Linux has a strong support network
already, such that we should thus become clearer about what we're
working on here specifically too. 'RMS said so', in the main. So let's
step up.

- Welcome to the Free Software Group mailing list?

Sydenham GNU/Linux Users would happily sit beneath, and help develop,
this local umbrella framework.

Cheers, Rik