[GNUz] RMS update

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Thu Aug 7 12:10:47 BST 2008

Tim wrote:
> Rik Tindall wrote:
>
>> 2:00-5:00pm: Lecture Theatre A1
>> Topic: Computers, GNU and Free Culture
>>

> Thanks! BTW, do you know whether there's an abstract available for that
> speech - something along the lines of the abstracts at the bottom of
> this page: http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~corwin/rms08.html

It was a special request for our circumstances. However,

Re: Topic: Computers, GNU, and Free Culture.

    CC to RMS: can Richard please confirm this topic - an amalgamated theme,
    for an amalgamated public and university audience - as suitable?

RMS has said:

"I have rarely done it, but I will give it a try."

On reflection, it's quite like the "Copyright.." theme - you could use
that.
Or write to rms AT gnu DOT org for clarification?

>> Can Free Culture Club do an RMS introduction please? Or introduce me
>> to do it if you like.
>>

> I think it'd be safest if we introduce you... :^)

Thanks Tim. It would be a privilege and a pleasure.

>> But either way COSC have Free Culture Club down as organisers, so
>> we're working within that (Club) framework - incl advertising. Do you
>> have enough volunteers to manage the collection, for speaker's fee (&
>> maybe some airfare)?
>>

> I think we can round up enough interested people to take care of
> collections and putting up posters, but if anyone reading this wants to
> volunteer as well, that'd be really helpful and appreciated! :^)

Great - good job.

>> Is a Uni "Diary" entry possible too?
>>
> I will check.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim
> --
> Timothy Musson                     FSF Associate Member
> http://russianclub.wikidot.com/    http://www.fsf.org/

Cheers, Rik