[GNUz] RMS update

Tim trmusson at ihug.co.nz
Thu Aug 7 11:32:03 BST 2008

Rik Tindall wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > Hi Rik! Do you know what the topic of the talk will be?

> 2:00-5:00pm: Lecture Theatre A1
> Topic: /Computers, GNU and Free Culture
> (OK? - RMS has agreed to that.)

Thanks! BTW, do you know whether there's an abstract available for that
speech - something along the lines of the abstracts at the bottom of
this page:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~corwin/rms08.html

> Can Free Culture Club do an RMS introduction please? Or introduce me
> to do it if you like.

I think it'd be safest if we introduce you... :^)

> But either way COSC have Free Culture Club down as organisers, so
> we're working within that (Club) framework - incl advertising. Do you
> have enough volunteers to manage the collection, for speaker's fee (&
> maybe some airfare)?

I think we can round up enough interested people to take care of
collections and putting up posters, but if anyone reading this wants to
volunteer as well, that'd be really helpful and appreciated! :^)

> Is a Uni "Diary" entry possible too?

I will check.

Regards,

Tim
--
Timothy Musson                     FSF Associate Member
http://russianclub.wikidot.com/    http://www.fsf.org/