[GNUz] RMS update

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Thu Aug 7 10:31:38 BST 2008

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sorting all this.

Tim wrote:
> Rik Tindall wrote:
>
>> [...] we are about ready to confirm Saturday 16 August 2-5pm as the
>> timeslot during which RMS will speak in Christchurch.
N.B.
>> On the _Friday_ evening,
>> we'll have a GNU supporters' restaurant meal.
>>

> Hi Rik! Do you know what the topic of the talk will be? The Free Culture
> Club will have a notice in next week's Canta[1], but it would be nice if
> we can include the title of the speech.
>
> [1] Our deadline is noon tomorrow (Friday, Aug 8th)

2:00-5:00pm: Lecture Theatre A1

Topic: /Computers, GNU and Free Culture

(OK? - RMS has agreed to that.)

/

Can Free Culture Club do an RMS introduction please? Or introduce me to do it if you like. But either way COSC have Free Culture Club down as organisers, so we're working within that (Club) framework - incl advertising. Do you have enough volunteers to manage the collection, for speaker's fee (& maybe some airfare)?

Is a Uni "Diary" entry possible too?

Cheers, Rik