[GNUz] on Linux compatible HW

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Sun Dec 9 23:06:26 GMT 2007

Maybe there'll eventually be a fix to hotplug, so that the hdd's UUID
can be recognised & given back the same "USB" connection device #?

"Boycott" is one word for it. 'Buy something else' another - the word gets around our community pdq.

Running gnu/linux has always been about sacrifice, imho, and how much its adherents will happily bear to persevere..

No change here.

Adam wrote:
> This latest regarding the new Seagate "Free Agent" series of USB drives.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/12/06/seagate-snubs-linux
>
> Although they may not be here yet, it looks like a boycott is in order,
> unless a kernel fix is forthcoming, which looks doubtful.
>
> And if anyone can recommend a printer from DSE's current range,
> or warn of any to avoid, then that would be appreciated.
>
> Otherwise a pointer to an NZ linux-compatible-hardware site, if one exists.

Drat! This one is already defunct: The Linux Hardware Project
<http://www.linuxhardware.co.nz>

Quite a challenge, maintaining a database that large (& always growing).

--
Regards, Rik