[GNUz] What did the FSF ever do for us?

Timothy Musson gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sat, 5 May 2007 19:28:07 +1200

Jim Cheetham wrote:
> On 04/05/07, Rik Tindall <ask@infohelp.co.nz> wrote:
> >Hmm. It's taken me years to grasp that the 'community campaign' we're
> >part of, under "Linux", is actually the complete liquidation of GNU.
>
> No.
>
> Apathy and indifference might be leading to the liquidation of GNU,
> but not active malice.

Are we talking about the death of GNU (the Operating System), or the
death of the FSF? :^)

If we're talking about the FSF, I think it's healthier than ever right
now. The GPLv3 is looking good, they're trying new approaches to getting
their message out (activism/education campaigns), and I'm noticing more
and more news and discussion about Free software issues.

Tim
--
trmusson@ihug.co.nz
www.russsoc.org.nz