[GNUz] [Fwd: Re: Free Software Day]

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sat, 05 May 2007 21:11:01 +1200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Free Software Day

Hi X,

Thanks for writing.

X wrote:
> Hi Rik
>
> I was the guy that brought his 5 year old daughter along a couple of weeks back.
> I missed the meeting yesterday as I have a cold.

No worries. We were doing some basic Q&A, & configs incl modem. Plenty
of time for doing more!

> I would like to get involved in helping with the free software day. What are
> the ways that I can help? What are some of the ideas that have come up so far?

Well, we have a 'freeform tuition/workshop' format now that uses the
comp.suite where you met us, so catching up again there is the next
step: Weds 16 May. Advertising is our main challenge, where some
brainstorming will be required later. Meantime we just focus on building
up the local team, and experience with the common tools available.

Are there any unusual repositories for those games you used? We'll get
you to tour us through what you installed, on the 16th. You have
inspired an idea for what we should prepare for this SFD: a prototype
'GNU CUBLUG'. It was very instructional how well you integrated your
daughter's learning / entertainment needs into our lesson. That process
multiplied would make a showcase feature for SFD Team Christchurch 07.
Thanks for your most excellent input.

In the meantime, you might like to read through:
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org

Let us know if you have any further feedback or suggestions.

> Regards
>
> XYZ

See you in 11 days.

Cheers,
--
Rik

PS Thanks for the questions & replies Tim. Will respond 'asap' :)