[GNUz] How does GLU/GNUz differ from CLUG?

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:17:57 +1200

Welcome to FSANZ, everyone.

Timothy Musson wrote:
> ..figuring out what GLU/GNUz is all about..
> ..CLUG has no interest in Free Software philosophy..
>
> ..I vaguely remember Jim saying the list would become whatever we
> made it. There was no "mission statement" or anything like that.
> So we're not _necessarily_ a Free Software interest/support group ;^)
>
> But assuming we are a Free Software group, rather than an alternative
> CLUG.. Come up with a constitution, so that I'm no longer confused:^)

Hereby moved, from Tim's proposal (question begged as to "what?"),
formulated by Rik, seconded by Sue (offlist):

"That the Free Software association of New Zealand, Free Software
Aotearoa New Zealand (FSANZ), be now formed as per the charter
http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution.html DRAFT-1."

"All those in favour, please say aye."

"Noes."

"Abstensions."

"Carried."

"Welcome to FSANZ."

And so concludes our object lesson in Linux democracy.

Software democracy is different to that, so let us know how you'd like
the FSANZ charter further modified, if at all. Or when you'd like the
FSANZ Constitution completed, if at all.

Free Software Aotearoa New Zealand now open for voluntary membership.

Yay!
--
Rik