[GNUz] SFD-5

Keith McGavin gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 22:04:41 +1300

On Thu, Oct 05, at 09:55:39AM, Rik Tindall wrote:
> Pursuant to last night's GLU discussion on promoting FOSS once more this
> year - particularly to business -

> Opening times and location for your diary are:
> Tue 21 November 2006: 8.00am ? 5.00pm
> Wed 22 November 2006: 9.00am - 1.00pm

Rik,

This Connectivity convention is on Tues+Wed when I have to be at work.

And what you are suggesting is not the best way to promote FOSS as
Gnuz has not been registered to display within the event.

> PS Welcome Ritchie, and any more new/SFD subscribers we have.....

Ritchie had a Toshiba laptop with 64 meg ram that debian would not
install on. I am certain that Puppy Linux and Slackware will both
install on this lappie.

Puppy is particularly easy for newbies and can run on as low as 32
meg ram with swap space. Includes mozilla and wine for running MYOB.
                   http://www.puppylinux.org

Did you hear back from Ritchie?  I can visit his place and
install either puppy or slackware otherwise we can leave it
till the next Gnuz meeting.

cheers,
keith.