[GNUz] SFD-5

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:55:39 +1300

Hi all,

Re: our next / extra Software Freedom Day 2006.

Pursuant to last night's GLU discussion on promoting FOSS once more this=20
year - particularly to business - I include the following paste, from an=20
email notice I received as a subscriber to=20
http://www.canterburysoftware.org.nz :

<excerpt>

The Connectivity trade show www.esconnectivity.org.nz=20
<http://www.esconnectivity.org.nz/> has developed into one of New=20
Zealand's premier events for technology companies. We have had a very=20
strong response from exhibitors this year. *Please note that all=20
allocated booths have been taken. *

An innovation extravaganza, visitors get to interact with some of the=20
best technology Australasia has to offer, including innovation award=20
winners Bluewater Systems, multinationals Farnell and industry=20
cornerstones Tait Electronics.

If your company was intending to exhibit at Connectivity 06 and has not=20
registered as yet, please get in touch with Leanne Callis:=20
leanne.callis@cdc.org.nz <mailto:leanne.callis@cdc.org.nz> to discuss=20
arrangements to accommodate you.

The theme of this year's event is growth, and visitors to Connectivity=20
06 can look forward to a full complement of speakers from leading=20
technology companies sharing their stories of growth. We have gone a=20
step further this year and will be conducting a collaboration event,=20
well structured to help you maximise the business and networking benefit=20
of Connectivity 06.

The first day of the expo, November 21st, is open to trade delegates,=20
government, investors and industry associations.

On Day Two, the doors open to the public, students and academia between=20
9 am and 1 pm. The show holds appeal for students, teachers, employees=20
and anyone interested in finding out more about some of the amazing=20
technologies being developed in Australasia.

The trade show=92s sponsors are Goodman Steven Tavendale Reid, UK Trade=20
and Investment, Canterbury Development Corporation, Electronics South,=20
Canterbury Software and Electronics News.

Opening times and location for your diary are:

Tue 21 November 2006: 8.00am =96 5.00pm followed by evening cocktails.
Wed 22 November 2006: 9.00am - 1.00pm
Venue: Christchurch International Convention Centre
No cost of entry for visitors

Further information and to register as a visitor please go to=20
www.esconnectivity.org.nz <http://www.esconnectivity.org.nz/>.

</excerpt>

Ok. One question to begin. Would people please state the time(s) and=20
day(s) they would like to be a part of SFD Team Christchurch attending=20
this event, to give out CDs - outside the doors, and then perhaps=20
attending the event too.

- Another airing for those fine orange T-shirts! :-)

Cheers, Rik

PS Welcome Ritchie, and any more new/SFD subscribers we have, to
GNUz <http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gnuz>* *mailing list=20
(very low traffic, new subscribers welcome). - Any questions?*
*