[GNUz] [Fwd: [SFD-TC] Fwd: Tshirts and balloons sent!]

Pia Waugh gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:36:51 +1000

Hi Rik, hi all,

<quote who="Rik Tindall">

> SFD advertised these Ts at AUD$20 each - $15 with team discount. We
> ordered seven ($105), and got charged USD$. I've raised this on the two
> forum/mail-lists available, with no reply as yet. Paypal billed us
> AUD$136.82, which my credit card company then converted into NZD$167.21.
> So none of our nine Ts are yet 'free'.

I spoke to someone from your team personally about this and it was agreed to
send me a cheque in Australia (cheaper, NZ dollars and easier). I didn't ask
you to do credit card after it was made clear to me that there was an issue
with your ordering being done in $US. I'm happy to send you some more
tshirts free to make up for this if you like. How many would you like?

> In our country, there's a law against this - called 'misleading
> advertising' - under which we're due a refund of (at least) AUD$31.82.
> But you can happily keep this, if we get two extra Ts (mM & mL would do)
> in our kit - that makes eleven SFD T-shirts our team is due. We are not
> happy in wearing this as an increased LOSS.

I apologise for any misunderstanding, but I do specifically remember an
email saying to send me a cheque, I can forward this email to the list if
you like.

Hope we can sort this out amicably, and I hope this doesn't tarnish your
awesome SFD preparations. I can send another package to you today/tomorrow
which will get to you in time with more shirts. This is the first year we've
experimented with the online ordering and there were bound to be a few bugs
and as far as I know you are the only one who had this issue so I apologise
profusely for this and hope we can make it up to you.

As I've only just been made President of SFI, there isn't much I can do
about this year, but I am planning on having a lot more sponsorship and
support for next years event.

If it makes you feel any better I am personally currently ~$1500 out of
pocket for this years event while we sort out the sponsorships. :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/