[GNUz] [Fwd: [SFD-TC] Fwd: Tshirts and balloons sent!]

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:46:10 +1200

Hi Pia,

I see we _have_ had our wires crossed..

Pia Waugh wrote:
> Hi Rik, hi all,
>
>> SFD advertised these Ts at AUD$20 each - $15 with team discount. We
>> ordered seven ($105), and got charged USD$. I've raised this on the two
>> forum/mail-lists available, with no reply as yet. Paypal billed us
>> AUD$136.82, which my credit card company then converted into NZD$167.21.
>> So none of our nine Ts are yet 'free'.
>>
> I spoke to someone from your team personally about this and it was agreed to
> send me a cheque in Australia (cheaper, NZ dollars and easier). I didn't ask
> you to do credit card after it was made clear to me that there was an issue
> with your ordering being done in $US. I'm happy to send you some more
> tshirts free to make up for this if you like. How many would you like?

Cool. We were never asked what sizes our freebie shirts should be, so
for these and the overcharging (on top of our Paypal order for seven)
that would be: 2x mM + 2x mL please. :)

This is the first discussion we're having on this, so you must be
referring to another team in NZ (or in Christchurch?) I have paid for
the SFD1-3 Chch team's shirts Monday of last week, by credit card - too
late to affect that transaction.

>> In our country, there's a law against this - called 'misleading
>> advertising' - under which we're due a refund of (at least) AUD$31.82.
>> But you can happily keep this, if we get two extra Ts (mM & mL would do)
>> in our kit - that makes eleven SFD T-shirts our team is due. We are not
>> happy in wearing this as an increased LOSS.
>>

> I apologise for any misunderstanding, but I do specifically remember an
> email saying to send me a cheque, I can forward this email to the list if
> you like.

Ok, thanks. That'd clarify things. It isn't from us :)

Sorry for adding to your gripe sheet - it must be huge already!

- Just dealing with our team's too. All good, and well done PIA & SLUG
teamAU! :)
> Hope we can sort this out amicably, and I hope this doesn't tarnish your
> awesome SFD preparations. I can send another package to you today/tomorrow
> which will get to you in time with more shirts. This is the first year we've
> experimented with the online ordering and there were bound to be a few bugs
> and as far as I know you are the only one who had this issue so I apologise
> profusely for this and hope we can make it up to you.

Sorry for the lack_of_sleep this end too. Bah! - Mortality!! ;-)

Don't you worry any longer Pia. Arrangements are looking v.good.
> As I've only just been made President of SFI, there isn't much I can do
> about this year, but I am planning on having a lot more sponsorship and
> support for next years event.

I hope for your great success with it. In wider team-land - out here on
the ground - the big problem is keeping a team together. Energy gets
worn away by proprietarist bugs (you know those ones - IT depts e.g.,
tho we've now struck a cool one), but gets built up by event success: so
our focus has to be 90% local to retain momentum. 10% 'external
influence' should be a lot more manageable! ;-)

> If it makes you feel any better I am personally currently ~$1500 out of
> pocket for this years event while we sort out the sponsorships. :)

Ok. We _have_ got it easy. Your work is very much appreciated. :)
Let us multiply the value of that contributed by all.
> Cheers,
> Pia
Sorry for distressing you.

Kind regards,