[GNUz] *nix advocacy & support Thurs 3/8/6 SFD

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 00:46:53 +1200

Hello people,

Next Thursday, August 3rd, is Freenix workshop night:

7.30pm, Sydenham Community Centre, 25 Hutcheson Street, Christchurch.
All welcome, light supper, donations cover costs.

As well as the usual install&repair support, this meeting may confirm
CLUG's St Albans venue as base for http://www.SoftwareFreedomDay.org on
Saturday 16th September. It's logical for maximum ongoing *nix backup,
and we can have 12-5pm for the event. Presentation time is available,
should anyone have material they wish to offer up for a general public
audience. We usually meet quite a few new geeks too, so it's an
interesting day. Join the fun promoting quality Free and Open Source
Software. K/Ed/Ubuntu/OpenCDs available.

And welcome, Pia Waugh, to the GNUz list.
Our regards to Software Freedom International, and thanks for your work.

pp SFD-Christchurch