[GNUz] Freenix-Ubuntu workshop tonight + SFD

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:04:44 +1200

Thread was Re: *nix advocacy & support Thurs 3/8/6 SFD
> Hello people,
>
> Tonight is Freenix workshop night:
>
> 7.30pm, Sydenham Community Centre, 25 Hutcheson Street, Christchurch.
> All welcome, light supper, donations cover costs.
A box of CDs has arrived -  thanks http://www.canonical.com - so there's
Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake for everyone that wants it. With c200MB of
updates out already, we'll use our local area network + wireless to
distribute these too. Bring your computer if you need any help at all.
> As well as the usual install support, this meeting confirms CLUG's St
> Albans venue as base for http://www.SoftwareFreedomDay.org on Saturday
> 16th September. It's logical for maximum ongoing *nix backup
for the new users that attend,
> and we can have 12-5pm for the event. Presentation time is available,
> should anyone have material they wish to offer up for a general public
> audience. We usually meet quite a few new geeks too, so it's an
> interesting day. Join the fun promoting quality Free and Open Source
> Software. K/Ed/Ubuntu/OpenCDs available there.
Please bring SFD presentation suggestions tonight.

> pp SFD-Christchurch,
considering our need of an Ubuntu Local Community Team -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

cheers