[GNUz] voyage 0.2

Nick Rout gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 23 May 2006 00:43:44 +1200 (NZST)

On Mon, May 22, 2006 10:02 pm, don wrote:
> Neil's got me hooked on the debian stuff this week as well...  seems
> there's little interest in supporting the cc stuff.
>
> Wilber seems to have dropped off the face of the earth this month.  He
> was the main reason for supporting such.
>
> What do we do about domain names to these boxes thou?  I liked the fact
> that cc comes with ddns services.
>
> Should we set up our own ddns system? The tools are out there to do it,
> who's got hosting space?

are you looking for a dynamic dns client? What makes you think debian
cannot do that?

Or just a dns server - there is one built into voyage.

> Cheers Don
>
> On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 21:22 +1200, Rik Tindall wrote:
>> Well i've got this cut-down Debian installed & running now. Sure-fire
>> cure for the CLI-allergic.
>>
>> Looks great - natsemi eth0 is up and configured via dhcp, w/gateway, a=
nd
>> has found the Xtra dns ok. But why can't i ping these & the outside
>> world? (the farthest i can get is 10.1.1.1, me being 10.1.1.x). Deep-e=
nd
>> config skills req'd now, so how do i put Voyage online?

what machine is 10.1.1.1 and is it set up to act as a gateway to the net?

>> The pcmcia modem seems a runner, and the wifi - once we work out how t=
>> activate it all. I'll use apt to get more packages in once the
>> connection is open - vi doesn't seem to work right on the laptop scree=
>> (Insert isn't enabling edit mode), so ee or nano are needed.

yeah the terminal settings are all up the duff somehow. Trad vi keys

i=3Dinsert
x and X will delete things (after pressing <esc> to get out of insert mod=
of course)
:wq to write the file and exit
:q! to exit without writing

>> Nick we might end up tweaking this box on June 1 the way it's going.

sorry my offer of a voyage demo wasn't required.