[GNUz] voyage 0.2

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 23 May 2006 01:11:18 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:

>>>natsemi eth0 is up and configured via dhcp, w/gateway, and
>>>has found the Xtra dns ok. But why can't i ping these & the outside
>>>world? (the farthest i can get is 10.1.1.1, me being 10.1.1.x). Deep-end
>>>config skills req'd now, so how do i put Voyage online?
>
> what machine is 10.1.1.1 and is it set up to act as a gateway to the net?

The default addy for Xtra ADSL modem's dhcp server.
Yes, line 2 of #route - not added by me though. Dhcp picked it up.

> yeah the terminal settings are all up the duff somehow. Trad vi keys
>
> i=insert ...

Ta, i'll have another go now. Discovered TERM=vt100 to try.

>>>Nick we might end up tweaking this box on June 1 the way it's going.
>
> sorry my offer of a voyage demo wasn't required.

It still is sure enough, but using/finishing the Voyage config on my
laptop/modem is going to save us/me bringing extra gear to set up, and
you'll still use your lappie as a client box. How's that sounding?

Cheers, Rik