[GNUz] voyage 0.2

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Mon, 22 May 2006 21:22:34 +1200

Well i've got this cut-down Debian installed & running now. Sure-fire
cure for the CLI-allergic.

Looks great - natsemi eth0 is up and configured via dhcp, w/gateway, and
has found the Xtra dns ok. But why can't i ping these & the outside
world? (the farthest i can get is 10.1.1.1, me being 10.1.1.x). Deep-end
config skills req'd now, so how do i put Voyage online?

The pcmcia modem seems a runner, and the wifi - once we work out how to
activate it all. I'll use apt to get more packages in once the
connection is open - vi doesn't seem to work right on the laptop screen
(Insert isn't enabling edit mode), so ee or nano are needed.

Nick we might end up tweaking this box on June 1 the way it's going.

Certainly it looks ideal for Don vs Clarkconnect. A v.simple install.

~Rik