[GNUz] wireless hooray!

Nick Rout gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 17 May 2006 22:44:24 +1200

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:36:18 +1200
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:

> > I have the 53MB iso too - can we buy small CDs for that, or does it mean
> > wasting the other 600MB of a standard CD?
>

> I am not sure what the iso has on it. I used the 20MB tar download. You
> untar it and run a setup script. the setup script puts the distro onto
> a hard drive or compact flash. You then put the CF or HD into the
> machine that will be your AP and boot it. I am not sure how the iso
> compares to that. i shall investigate and see.
>
> As far as wasting a CD is concerned, its a <$1.00 item.

replying to myself...

The iso is simply a bootable live cd with the untarred voyage tarball
on it. voyage needs to be installed onto the hard drive/CF from a linux
box, simply because the install script assumes linux (other unices
might be ok too, its simply a bash script). The ISO is only really
needed if you don't have a linux box to install voyage with, eg if you
only have access to a windows computer.

If you have a linux box you may as well download the tarball as I
mentioned before (its 2/5 the size of the iso), and you don't have to
write or waste any CD's.