[GNUz] Fwd: Academics Discuss MS vs. OSS

Jim Cheetham gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:22:26 +1200

Richard Tindall wrote:
> Contacting my ISP for details & changes to InfoHelp would be more
> time-consuming (for me) than this idea.
> Presently hackstop.org is simply a pointer from my ISPs DNSs to IH, so
> there's nothing to transfer over - no config at all. I'll simply put
> those entries in as you suggest with the domain registrar in the US
> (register.com), and we should be able to start working with it. I should
> notify my ISP thereafter of the change, I take it.

Yep, you can let them know, if only to get them to remove their config
manually - in theory they should check for validity against the
registrar periodically, but most don't bother to do that, because it's
"difficult".

I'll do the setup hopefully today.

> It's a FOSS community project title, much the same as GLU. So we might
> as well host GLU straight on top of it, and start drafting ideas.
> If people wanted to have email addresses (etc) in future, that would
> depend on your good favour.

I'm full of good favour :-) I don't even need to agree with your goals
to support your freedom to pursue them.

I don't quite know what that makes me ...

-jim, label-less and happy that way.