[onerng talk] Dis-Integrated circuit ...

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Mon Jun 17 01:04:43 BST 2019

So while I'm getting impressed with the blinkenlights on that 6502, in
reality we're approaching the Carl Sagan quote "If you wish to make an
apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

My longer-term inspiration is the nice approach to building from the bottom
up, "Code" by Charles Petzold
https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/store/code-the-hidden-language-of-computer-hardware-and-software-9780735611313

And there's always the steampunk ethic, and a half-remembered short story
where a rich idle landowner had built a computer using sheep in paddocks
with gates controlled by relays ... (I think that was a long play on the
acronym RAM somehow ...)