Fwd: [Cryptography] Randomness for Cryptography wiki

ianG iang at iang.org
Wed Oct 29 20:09:24 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Cryptography] Randomness for Cryptography wiki
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:36:02 -0400
From: Arnold Reinhold <agr at me.com>

We seem to be in the midst of another rearguing of the issues
surrounding randomness generation for cryptography applications. The
last time this happened, earlier this year, I suggested creating a wiki
so these debates can at least be recorded once and for all, if not
resolved. I started building one, but the discussion died down and I got
busy with other things.

I’d like to resurrect my proposal. The “Randomness for Cryptography”
wiki I started is at http://en.diceware.shoutwiki.com/ I attempted to
outline the subject, not to provide a definitive resource. I’d need a
lot of help to accomplish the later, of course, and I’m not up for a
solo effort.

I spent some time researching wiki farms and shoutwiki seemed the best
match. The Randomness for Cryptography wiki is ad supported at the
moment, but ads can be removed for ~$50 a year, which I’d spring for if
enough interest develops.

Right now this wiki is open for read, but private for write. I’m happy
to give editing privileges to anyone here who wants them. You will need
to open a (free) shoutwiki.com account first, then email me your user ID
and I’ll do the necessary hocus-pocus. Note that all contributions must
be released under a Creative Commons CC-BY 3.0 license.

Please take a look.

Arnold Reinhold