Interesting project: JackPair

Scott stopitscurvy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:09:37 GMT 2014

This JackPair seems like a pretty cool project. It gives me an off the cuff idea of creating a sort of "phone call anonymizer" the basic premise of which would be Bob calls up an asterisk box which forwards his calls to Alice. The asterisk box wouldn't store any information about who called who, how long the call lasted, etc. I think combined with something like the JackPair you could create an essentially anonymous phone network. Not sure how this would jibe with American/FCC laws or how it would be economically viable, as it would require money to keep the service going. I could see someone paying for this though to basically anonymize their phone calls. You could take it a step further and have the first asterisk box call another random asterisk box before forwarding the call. Sort of like a TOR for phone calls.

I'm a bit sleep deprived and am perhaps missing some gigantic glaring weakness in the system but you know, it's a thought and I wanted to share.