amusing for USB RNGs :)

Scott stopitscurvy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:29:57 GMT 2014

I think with all the talk about NSA spying and backdoored crypto, backdoored or intentionally non-random RNGs built into everyday devices people are starting to take more notice of the importance of crypto. As an extension of that, people will start to get a better understanding of crypto and its' reliance on RNG/PRNG and will begin to see the value in a solid/sturdy/verifiable HWRNG.

As Glen pointed out, something working in the favor of the OneRNG is its' completely open design. Anyone can view and verify the schematics and code and see that it does exactly what it's supposed to do without any "fuckery" going on behind the scenes, and nothing else.. And consumers can verify that it actually works without any voodoo or black magic. It's also produced by a small "boutique" (for lack of a better word) manufacturer, which for a lot of people makes you inherently more trustworthy than the big guys. I even think that being a Kiwi corporation makes you more trustworthy than an American company that is more susceptible to NSA/FBI/Etc intervention.

I think right now is an excellent time to be coming out and providing such a device. If you're the first, people will know the name of the device and the manufacturer and people will have more faith that they're trustworthy.