[chbot] Alt Energy ?

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Nov 30 18:45:53 GMT 2021

Bevin posted a notice about this...

https://www.globalteacherprize.org/global-student-prize/jeremiah-thoronka-2021-winner

"Jeremiah Thoronka, a student from Sierra Leone, who invented a device
that uses kinetic energy from traffic and pedestrians to generate clean
power, has been named the winner of the Chegg.org Global Student Prize
2021".

At first blush, it sounds like third-world countries have unstable
roadways, where passing traffic shakes-things-up-a-bit. This wasted
energy could then be harvested by (for example) burying a huge mass
under the road, and using differential movement to generate power.

Taking my wild speculation as reasonable for a moment, and call me
stupid if you like, but if the roads were improved, surely the
improvement of fuel efficiency of the associated with the road-traffic
would far exceed any small percentage of the wasted energy transferred
into the ground ??

Thoughts please !!

-Mark