[chbot] VFD with Chocolate fish.

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 08:28:27 BST 2021

This document explains the different voltages to expect between single
phase vs 3 phase connected rectifiers and explains why you may find no
neutral connection in a 3 phase rectifier.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/power/three-phase-rectification.html

So as Mark inferred, connecting a single phase supply to 2 phases in lieu
of the 3 phase connections should be safe enough once you verify the
capacitor ratings and you are feeling brave.

However, will the motor being driven cope with the reduced supply voltage?

Cheers

Richard