[chbot] Where to buy a new laptop

Mike Field hamster at snap.net.nz
Mon Jul 13 09:43:44 BST 2020

If you work at a desk with external monitor and mouse  (and don't want
to work on the train or plane), take a look at an Intel NUC (from the
likes PB Tech)

You get to pick how much RAM, disk, SSD, and so on you have Also have
pretty good Linux support (put would pay to check online though).

Downsides are no internal UPS, no camera, no "gamer" graphics and you
can't work from sofa or kitchen table - you need a dedicated desk

But unlike a full desktop you can put it in your bag and take it with
you if you have to.

$2k would get you a top performing CPU (i7-10710U)  + 16GB RAM + 1TB M2
SSD, and lots of change.

Mike